Our client is a leading Technology Recruitment agency that is a true Canadian success story with over 40 years of history. They have a great team within multiple offices across Canada and the US with over 300 staff
Currently their Ottawa Ontario office is growing to keep up with the ever increasing client demand. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the IT Recruiter / Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for identifying, screening and managing the hiring of contract and permanent technical resources for clients primarily in the private sector.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Source candidates directly utilizing available resources (headhunting, social media, networking, job postings, referrals, etc).
- Connect with, pre-screening and matching proposed candidates to client requirements.
- Submit qualified candidates for review and manage the process from interviews through to hire.
- Create, job postings from clients requirements and post where applicable.
- Manage data input into the candidate system to track process metrics.
- Conduct background and reference checks for permanent hires and ‘end of engagement’ checks for contractors.
- Manage the offer process, closing candidates, documentation signing.
Preferred skills & attributes:
- A minimum of 4 years experience of technical recruitment in a recruitment agency environment is preferred.
- Experience recruiting IT professionals at all levels for both contract and permanent opportunities.
- Strong Team player skills with a professional attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and business development skills.
- Strong computer skills –Internet, MS Word, MS Excel, Candidate Tracking Systems.
- Technical background or technical savvy is an asset.
- Able to excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong work ethic and highly self motivated.
- Extremely well organized.
- Strong desire to take your recruiting career to the next level
To succeed in this role strong written and oral communication skills are required, as are strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be energetic, self-motivated, and service-oriented. You must possess the ability to interact effectively with management, candidates, clients and other team members. You are able to work without close supervision and handle multiple assignments concurrently. You are strong in character and confident. You are disciplined with strong leadership skills and potential.
This position is located in Ottawa in a professional office setting and comes with a base salary, commission plan and benefits.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Interested candidates should email a confidential resume, including salary requirements and current responsibilities, to firstname.lastname@example.org